Thursday, November 13, 2008

Clear Winner

A couple of months ago, I was in desperate search of new music.  

After requesting 20+ CDs from the library, which all came at once, I worked through the stack. My minimum listening requirement was at least 1 minute on two tracks.  Several didn't make it past the minimum (Ben Harper and the "World Music" cds, for instance).  Most of them were uninspiring.

One, though, really got me.  The variety of sounds appealed to me, and I instantly loved the singer's voice. One of the songs even got me all teary (I love weepy songs, thus my tendency towards country music).  

The album is Food and Liquor by Lupe Fiasco.  I don't like music videos as I prefer the visions in my head.  That said, the "Kick, Push" video delighted me.



"He Say She Say" is the weeper song I loved.
 



No comments: