Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Escape from Music Coma

For about the last 8 years I've pretty much been in a music coma.  You know, the same 4 cds played over and over day and night. Not good for the soul.

The Ebony June 2008 magazine is here to save me, though.  It is full of music recommendations from a whole range of genres.  I'm sticking (most) everything on my library hold list so I can work through them and find at least 4 more favorite cds.  Hopefully I'll renew this stack before we change into the next decade!

Here's what my car will be emanating over the next few months:
- Ayo (heartfelt with lovely guitar)
- Al Green (eclectic soul music)
- Measha Brueggergosman (opera)
- Trombone Shorty (loved him on Studio 60)
- Miko Marks (country music, I'm looking forward to this one!)
- Ziggy Marley (Love what I hear on the radio)
- Corinne Baily Rae (British soul)
- Rihanna (several other mamas have known and loved her for years, I'm slowwww)
- Gnarls Barkely (this is an experiment)
- Angelique Kidjo (world music)
- Ben Harper (can't resist someone called "The Optimist)
- Ritz Changer Players (classical is my first love)
- Lupe Fiascon (hip-hop, the world I don't know at ALL)

No comments: