Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wimped Out

We wimped out on the Jingle Bell run today.

Bill and I woke up late and rolled the kids out of bed.  They were both laying on the floor complaining when Rosie realized there was snow on the ground.  Immediately they threw clothes on and spent 5 minutes playing in the snow by the car while Bill and I got ready to go. The no-too-icy drive downtown  passed quickly with the snow excitment.  

When we stepped out of the car, the building-funneled cold winds surprised us.  By the time we got to Westlake Center to pick up our registration tickets, Theo's "it's toooooo cooooold" whine was fully revved.  Our faces thawed while we stood in line for our runner numbers and shirts. Two lines later it became clear only one registration had processed when I struggled with their website 6 weeks ago.

Faced with another long race registration line and dread of the winds blowing on our faces for the first mile of the run, we wimped.

Breakfast at the Sunlight Cafe was warm and satisfying. We'll run next year.






2 comments:

Tyler E. Burgess said...

Good for you. There is no point in being miserable when you are trying to have fun. Mom

Mama Peep said...

I am in awe. I would have given up at the pesky registration troubles. Well, ok I would have never registered because I don;t like running but I would have contemplated registering the children. :-)

Patricia