Friday, February 11, 2011

Brene Brown on Vulnerability

I can't remember the last time I read a whole book to learn something - my life seems to be a series of video courses, TED talks and YouTube videos.

Yesterday, at the ale house, I watched this TED talk on vulnerability.  I've put it off for several weeks because the subject sounds so serious.  The speaker cracked me up, though, and more than once the people at the next table over stared at me because of my loud guffaws. The information she presented dovetails nicely with the attachment work I've been doing with the Neufeld work.

Check it out and let me know what you think - the talks are about 20 minutes long.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm listening to Brown's Gifts of Imperfection right now. It's insightful and at times moving, and there are indeed many aspects congruent with Neufeld's work.

The part I'm chewing on right now is her assertion that spirituality is necessarily for a resilient life. She defines spirituality broadly, but nevertheless, it's giving me pause (paws!)