Monday, September 7, 2009

Back in the Swing

Tomorrow we're officially supposed to be back in the swing of regular life.

With a good sense of where we're going with our schooling this year and the ideas and information my kids are about to consume, I'm excited too watch them enjoy and grow. Still, I'm feeling a little cowed by the wall of "normal" that is all supposed to kick in tomorrow. I know last June this was all easy, fun and done by noon. I just can't remember how we got there! Baby steps and ice cream, probably.

Dribbled out in bits over the next few weeks, here's what I hope our mornings will look like by the end of the month:

Theo (about 3.5 hours)
independently: morning routine, chores and grammar
with me: guitar, handwriting, math, spelling, writing
with Rosie and me: history, geography, poetry

Rosie (about 3 hours)
independently: morning routine, chores and HeadSprout
with me: guitar, handwriting, math, reading, Draw3D
with Theo and me: history, geography, poetry

I'm still working out where to fit in our running program and some sort of science, plus the latin program Theo really wants to do.

Wish us luck! We're going to cap off the first day with the Not Back to School Day potluck with a bunch of our buddies from the Seattle Homeschool Group. It'll be a blast.



ps. I don't recommend searching google images for "woman with ice cream." Results can be a little raunchy. Shocking, really!




No comments: