Thursday, May 7, 2009

Messy Homeschool Day

Since February, our homeschool days have been what I would consider "successful."  Mostly in that we do all the things on my list of must-do's. 

Today was not one of those.  Rosie and I woke up really late only to discover Bill, Theo and the dog MIA.  My head ached terribly, so I talked Rosie into going for a run.  When we got home Bill was already at his computer.  While I felt much better, nobody had eaten any breakfast and the house looked like a tornado hit sometime in the night.

I thought I'd be clever and set Theo up with a history lecture while I got myself cleaned up so we could jump start our day. Rosie occupied herself with an art project. One lecture turned into to two and still no-one had eaten, craft supplies littered what tiny part of the floor was previously visible and everyone was grumpy.

After a few deep breaths, I convinced everyone to eat a big snack, do a 15 minute clean up and watch a language video. So, now it is noon and we've finally achieved our normal 8:30 state. I'm ready for a nap.




1 comment:

Dan said...

I was happy to discover your Source: Sara blog today. I was unable to find a profile or contact link in your blog. I hope it's OK that I'm contacting you through a public comment. I've developed an educational program for Windows called SpellQuizzer that helps children learn their spelling and vocabulary words without the battle that parents often have getting them to sit down and write them out while the parents dictate to them. The parent enters the child's spelling words into the software making a sound recording of each word. Then the software helps the child practice his or her words. It really helped my children with their weekly spelling lists.

I would appreciate your reviewing SpellQuizzer in Source: Sara. You can learn more about the program at http://www.SpellQuizzer.com. There's a video demo you can watch at http://www.spellquizzer.com/SpellQuizzer-Demo.htm. I'd be happy to send you a complimentary license for the software. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much!

Dan Hite
TedCo Software
Dan@SpellQuizzer.com