Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Frame It!

This evening, getting out of the car on a quick run to the grocery store, I noticed 2 twenty-something guys walking through the lot. He and his friend both watched me help Theo out of the car (we were pretending we were thieves come to get secret hidden jewels aka ice cream).

A few steps past our car, Theo and I ran into someone I haven't seen in quite a while and stood in the lot and chatted. After a while (or a lifetime, if you asked Theo), the child and I managed our way into the store in search of the promised ice cream.

The 2 twenty-somethings were just checking out, and one guy stared at me again. I spent a few seconds wondering if I was supposed to know him and then moved on to choosing ice cream flavors.

When I got back to the car, guess what I found slipped through the window onto my passenger seat?

555-915-8425
CALL ME
(actual phone number changed)

What a HOOT! In red sharpie and everything! I can't remember the last time someone made a pass at me, never mind slipped me their phone number. And this is a first from someone who probably started preschool the same time I graduated from high school.

I think I'm going to frame it and hang it in my office.



1 comment:

Mama Peep said...

I love it!!! Make sure to show it to your honey so he knows you still got it!!!! LOL!!!