Saturday, January 8, 2011

Charity Navigator

I love to support organizations that do the work I think makes our world a better place.  The problem often is, though, how to figure out which organizations to support.  I hear stories of non-profits where money and resources is poorly spent or most of the dollars go to the director's salary. So mostly I stick to the groups I know and hope they run a clean operation. 

Enter Charity Navigator!  I happened upon it last night reading an email from Western Washington Girl Scouts.  Charity Navigator rates non-profits.  Enter your favorite charity and the web site will show you an overall rating, organization efficiency, income statement and other useful information to rate your choices by.

Let me know what your favorite organizations are and how they rate!

No comments: