Sunday, December 26, 2010
Here are some of my favorite moments from the past few weeks in which I got to experience both:
- dipping candles and sharing stone soup with friends to celebrate the winter solstice
- decorating sugar cookies with my family
- chatting and wrapping presents with my hubby
- working with my son frying up donuts for Christmas morning
- sitting quietly by the light up tree while drinking my morning cup of tea
I also created several opportunities to see myself as overworked and under appreciated. Thankfully, I managed this year to fairly quickly be aware of those moments and find ways to undo them. Sometimes it simply meant taking a nap. Sometimes a phone call to a friend to express my frustrations or fears helped bring me back to a relaxed, more centered space. Once or twice it meant checking in with others to gauge expectations and then asking for help.
What do you do over the holiday season to feed your heart? What worked well for you this year?